You are not logged in. Log In    Register      
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  5/17/2009 9:19 AM #24132
OnFrozenPond
Total Posts:19
Last Post:9/5/2009
Subject: Smart Pool - Nitro or Kleen Machine
I just bought a Smart Pool Nitro or as it is tagged here Kleen Machine. The wall to wall unit rather than the wall climbing unit. Avg Cost $450.00 to $550.00. I paid about $500.00 for mine.

I took my cover off, a trampoline type, and the pool had the deep end covered with worms, heavy soil and the odd leaf. The sides and shallow end with heavy amounts of topsoil and dirt. I did not vacuum but rather threw my unit to the wolves to see how it would do. At first I thought the little fellow just had too much work cut out for it and resigned that I may indeed have to do amanual vacuum. After emptying the bag and FLUSHING it with a hose. I decided to give it a couple more tries.

(Just a note here, I recommend a good flush not a pressure spray. Take any high pressure device off your hose end or attach a unit you can control the flow with. Damaging a bag with an over zealous wash could prove expensive.)

Reattached the bag, with no trouble at all and put the unit back in the water. By the fourth filtre flush I would say the unit had picked up 90% of the debris in the pool. The only problem now seems to be the fine topsoil. A very small amount but with the home building here the last few years, we live in a subdivision that seems to be constantly building, I have found that is 90% of my pool cleaning - FINE DIRT from blowing top soil.

I will give the little fellow a degree of latitude here and suggest that after three days of use it has impressed me with its success and ease of use. I will follow up with ongoing posts over the next few weeks. I have up to a year to return the item if I am not totally satisfied and with that kind of product support who can not give it a try.

Cheers for now and looking forward to another Summer of owning a pool.

[Edited on 5/17/2009]
I LOVE MY POOL

Posted:  6/6/2009 1:33 PM #24298
OnFrozenPond
Well it has been two weeks and with the help of a coalagulating agent for my sand ball, the little sucker works great. It has gotten 99 percent of any debris. My Baracuda didn't handle as much with the sand filtre. This is simply the best device I have seen yet. Simple to use, simple to clean and hardy enough to handle small dirt and debris. I am sure this is not for the country pool surrounded by pine trees but for my area and my pool this is GREAT.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I LOVE MY POOL

Posted:  9/5/2009 3:16 PM #24815
OnFrozenPond
Septermber now and the Nitro or Kleen Machine has been the best pool cleaner I have ever seen. It does exactly what it claimed it would. I would only make one recommendation to users. DO NOT LEAVE THE BAG IN THE MACHINE WITH OUT CLEANING IT. I made the mistake and rotting worms is not the most pleasant smell.

THIS IS A GREAT CLEANER

I LOVE MY POOL

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic